• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paul beumer
    3Dfollower
    • Dec 2018

Lens- Images from video without exif and photo's with exif

Hi,
    I want to use image and video derived from a drone.

Starting a new project i use the 3DF video capture option to generates a bunch of images. Video format is mp4. Resulting images have no exif or GPS data . I also upload some some pictures i took with the drone. They have exif and gps data but different resolution.
    I wish to use images from video and the pictures i took in the same workspace.

So my question, and i hope i''m clear in formulating....
    In the dialogbox, Camera Calibration Page should i keep the settings for the video-captured-images as "Autocalibrated (Unknown 3840x2160 px / 0x0px)" or should i assign the camera callibration from the photo's i took which have gps and exif info ?
    Since all materials origin from the same photo apparartus (DJI mavic drone) the lens settings are similar? !n such change the autocalibrated video captures to adjusted (FC220-5m 4000x2250) could be logical..?!

Or is my logic not completly valid because image sizes videocaptures vs real photo are different...

Whats your advise?

Thx Paul
    Last edited by paul beumer; 2019-12-12, 06:58 PM.
  • Andrea Alessi
    3Dflow Staff
    • Oct 2013

Hi Paul,

the calibration also depends on the resolution, so while the physical device is the same, there is going to be a difference. I would either do a manual calibration using the video mode of your device, or leave it on autocalibration.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎