X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ferdian87
    3Dflower
    • Jan 2020

Newbie basic question

Hi, I'm a new user of 3DF Zephyr Free edition, I have some questions about the software. Here they are
    1. Is there a way to show only the mesh without the textures in zephyr after the 3D model generation process?
    2. I'm planning to combine the photos from DSLR and smartphone camera, but it seems the smartphone camera has some filter applied and the color tone looks different. If I combine them, will the software use both photos for the textures? I already have the education license but haven't installed the aerial version
    3. If I change the DSLR lens in the middle of acquiring the data, will they combine together? let say 18-55 mm with f/8 and fix 50 mm with f/1.8
    That's all for now, sorry if my English is bad and thank you in advance.
  • Andrea Alessi
    3Dflow Staff
    • Oct 2013

Hi Ferdian,

1. the 3D model generation process will generated the dense point cloud and a non-textured mesh (color is on the vertices only). You will have to also proceed to the textured mesh generation to generated a textured model. Regardless, you can click the icons with the three triangles to disable color on all elements - make also sure to enable the rendering lights with the bulb icon.

2. yes, you can safely mix images from different devices. If the color balance is shifted a lot, you may see some color artifacts in the texture as well. You can play with the color balancing algorithm settings in the textured mesh generation to mitigate this issue, or eventually, completely discard certain photos from the texturing process.

3. yes, you can safely combine different lenses togheter in the same dataset. My suggestion is to keep them as clustered as possible however for best results and easier processing.

Comment

• Ferdian87
      3Dflower
      • Jan 2020

Thank you for the answer! I've been searching for days to disable the colors. I see, so as long as the photos is not discarded I still can do something on it. Thanks again Andrea.

Comment

Working...