• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • siddiqui.anas
    Blossoming 3Dflower
    • Feb 2020

Confused between Lite & Pro

Hi,

I am confused which one is more beneficial for me? Choosing between the Lite or Pro?

I want the software solely for the purpose of human 3D models. These models to created via pictures or videos.

I also have additional queries:

1. Can I import .OBJ (other 3D scans) into the the software?
    2. If yes, can I import multiple .OBJ files into one project and combine them as required?
    3. When I import pictures and create a 3D model, can I measure the human body, like know the persons height, waist, arm length etc?

Thanks
  • cam3d
    3Dflover
    • Sep 2017

Hi siddiqui.anas, welcome to the forum. Choosing between LITE/PRO depends on your specific needs.

- If you have a fixed multi-camera system requiring XMP workflow, and additionally wish to scale/transform your scan with control markers then go with PRO.
    - If you have a single camera and do not care for scaling and transformation then go for LITE.

To answer your questions:

1. Yes you can import third party scan files, including .OBJ. (LITE/PRO/AERIAL)

2. Yes you can import multiple .OBJ files into one project (and combine them) but the results may not be as expected.(LITE/PRO/AERIAL)

To quote Roberto on this:
    "Merging meshes in a completely automatic way is not a trivial problem to solve as the software would need to automatically 'stitch' or 'bridge' the gaps between the meshes and keep only one surface where there are part in common between two meshes. Unfortunately at the moment, the only way to achieve this is to do it manually with an external modeling software.'

3. Yes you can measure the human body using control points in PRO/AERIAL (as long as you have set the scale for the scene using control points first).

Hope this was helpful - let me know if you have any more questions!

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎