• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andr
    Blossoming 3Dflower
    • Jan 2017

GPU not recognized on surface book

Hello,
    I've been testing your software on a Surface Book from 2015 which sports a 1GB Nvdia GPU (expressly built by Nvidia for the Surface Book).
    Gpu is not recognized and I've been asked to update my drivers.

Is there any way I can force 3DF Zephyr to run in GPU mode?

thanks!

Ps. I left the surface book computing a dense cloud overnight at default details over a set of 191 pics (it was about 75% complete when I left) and this morning I saw that 3DF zephyr crashed and could not complete the calculations.
    When I restarted the software after the crash, the message warning about the GPU popped up for the first time.
    (As far as I can tell I haven't received that warning the very first time I opened the software.)
    Now I'm running the dense cloud calculantion at fast details.
  • andr
    Blossoming 3Dflower
    • Jan 2017

Hello,
    I've been testing your software on a Surface Book from 2015 which sports a 1GB Nvdia GPU (expressly built by Nvidia for the Surface Book).
    Gpu is not recognized and I've been asked to update my drivers.

Is there any way I can force 3DF Zephyr to run in GPU mode?

thanks!

Ps. I left the surface book computing a dense cloud overnight at default details over a set of 191 pics (it was about 75% complete when I left) and this morning I saw that 3DF zephyr crashed and could not complete the calculations.
    When I restarted the software after the crash, the message warning about the GPU popped up for the first time.
    (As far as I can tell I haven't received that warning the very first time I opened the software.)
    Now I'm running the dense cloud calculantion at fast details.

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
      3Dflow Staff
      • Oct 2013

Hello andr,

may i ask you which surface model are you using, as well as to post the log file (or email it to us at support@3dflow.net) of the mentioned crash ?

Zephyr requires CUDA, so in order to enable GPU mode you must have your video drivers updated. 3DF Zephyr 3.007 requires CUDA 7.5 .

It's odd that the message did not show on the first run. Do you see your video card in tools -] options -] cuda ?

You may also try to do a zephyr factory reset (from tools -] options) and see if it helps, maybe during the crash some settings were corrupted (unlikely so, but possible)
      Last edited by Andrea Alessi; 2018-12-11, 02:09 PM.

Comment

• andr
        Blossoming 3Dflower
        • Jan 2017

Hello,
        I'm using a Surface Book first generation, with i7-6600U CPU, 16gb ram, and NVDIA GPU driver version 21.21.13.6961
        My device seems to be update.

Anyway, after a restart of 3Df Zephyr I was able to enable again CUDA and select my gpu.
        I've done few reconstructions without problems.

I'll send you the log file via email.

Thanks for help,
        Andr

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
          3Dflow Staff
          • Oct 2013

Hi andr,

glad to hear that everything seems okay now!

By a quick look at the log everything seems okay, so let me know if you still have any issues!

Comment

• Roberto
            3Dflow
            • Jun 2011

Hi Andr,

from the log file it seems that Zephyr dynamically switched from gpu to cpu mode in the middle of computation. Probably this occurred because there wasn't enough gpu memory for that particular task. When Zephyr encounter a critical gpu error, it automatically switch to cpu for all the subsequent tasks. However you can safely re-enable the gpu from options.

Comment

Working...