• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AbelTan
    Blossoming 3Dflower
    • Feb 2020

Can't do textured meshes in 3DF Zephyr Lite

Hi,

I downloaded a trial edition of 3DF Zephyr Lite.
    The software says I don't have a CUDA enabled GPU. I have a NVIDIA Geforce MX130 with 2GB VRAM.I dont know if this is CUDA or not

When I open the software:

Under the workflow tab:
    The 3D model generation is greyed out
    The textured mesh generation is greyed out

When I create a new project and do the photogrammetry process,
    when its finished, I still see a textured model.

But for some reason, the textured meshes pane is greyed out and empty.

I also cannot export a textured mesh. Only a mesh.

I want to export a textured mesh. How do I fix this problem?

Thanks
  • cam3d
    3Dflover
    • Sep 2017

Hey AbelTan -

Regarding the Nvidia Geforce MX130 - I can't see it on this list: https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-gpus but I have a suspicion it might have a CUDA version below the required level for the current version of 3DF Zephyr. A CUDA enabled/compatible card is not mandatory, but helps speed up the processing greatly.

In the attached screenshot, it appears that you have re-imported the 3D file and don't have the sparse/dense steps prior to the mesh. Without those prior steps in the project file, you'll be unable to create a textured mesh as there are no cameras/images in the scene.

Currently, your mesh has vertex colors and is not considered a 'textured' mesh. Run the project again from the start, and once you get to the completed 'mesh stage', you should then you will be able to produce a 'textured' mesh using the Textured Mesh generation wizard

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
      3Dflow Staff
      • Oct 2013

Hi,

the card should support 5.0 from a quick google search, so the cuda capabilities required for zephyr are ok, make sure you have installed the latest nvidia drivers (not from windows update - they tend to be older than the official nvidia releases)

Comment

• cam3d
        3Dflover
        • Sep 2017

Serves me right for not looking past the first 3 results https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-spec...ce-mx130.c3043

Comment

• ale47p
          3Dfollower
          • Feb 2020

if your laptop has 2 video cards be sure that windows is using the right one for Zephir, usually on laptops windows saves energy, and the default video card is not the good one.
          you can find on the internet how to tell windows to use the good video card (it depends on which version of windows you have), usually from the nVidia control panel or from the windows control panel

Comment

Working...