X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sam3d
    3Dflourished
    • Feb 2018

Generating 3D Model - Wizard vs Advanced mesh detail

Is there a difference in the parameters when using the 3d model wizard rather than advanced (manual) steps for DPC & mesh?

I noticed that the wizard option created a mesh quicker but with less detail using the same options e.g. 'General' / 'Default'.

Just curious to know which is the most efficient way to go - i.e. are the wizard parameters optimised in some way?

• Andrea Alessi
    3Dflow Staff
    • Oct 2013

Hi sam,

you are correct - presets may differ a bit. When switching from preset to advanced, zephyr will check for you the closest possible setting, which in turn translates into having sligthly different results.

Presets are tested and tuned by us, but that doesn't mean that they will always work better for all use cases

Comment

• sam3d
      3Dflourished
      • Feb 2018

Hi Andrea, thanks

Please could you take a quick look at the attached screen shots?

The wizard version determined ~360K Points & the manual version was ~1.9M Points (381K seed) from the same data set.

Can you clarify how i should interpret this? i.e. has the manual process just created a denser DPC, is the wizard version more efficient/optimal etc?

Cheers

Sam

Attached Files

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
        3Dflow Staff
        • Oct 2013

Hi Sam,

as the settings are slightly different, indeed you can get different results. The difference seems substantial, maybe you switched from default to high details (preset), then switched to advanaced (keep the values as close as possible to high details rather than default) ?

Anyways, if you want to share the zep file I can double check.

Comment

• sam3d
          3Dflourished
          • Feb 2018

Thanks Andrea. No problem.

I have tended to avoid the wizard as i usually have to clean up the DPC. However, the wizard seems to be producing faster & more complete results in some cases, which i didn't expect.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎