• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GusepAlfa
    3Dfollower
    • Feb 2020

How Can I improve measurement

Ciao
    Thank you for answering about 3D masdquerade question. Win 7 limitations. New gaming laptop for this project with Win 10
    I have bought a new camera D3500 Nikon with AFS micro NIKKOR 60mm 1.28G ED lens F32 ISO100 Inside house, ring leds, room lights, windows closed, some diffuse light. Shutter 20 > 30 seconds. Used calibration test screen inside zephyr for camera calibration. I applied some measurement strips. There is an error in between these strips when measured inside Zephyr. Free 50 photo limit. Variation of 3 in 100mm. What would you suggest? Click image for larger version

Name:	measurements.png
Views:	355
Size:	625.0 KB
ID:	6146

Salve
  • GusepAlfa
    3Dfollower
    • Feb 2020

Ciao
    For an experiment I ran through photos with Nikon Camera data in jpg imbedded focal length and sensor size (6000 x 4000).
    Now the measurements are 3 in 100 but over size rather than under size as with Zephyr internal calibration procedure. I am going to 3D print parts.
    Is it a matter of just scaling the mesh? Im I not precise enough with my procedure?
    Salve

Comment

• cam3d
      3Dflover
      • Sep 2017

Hi GusepAlfa -

Using 3DF Zephyr PRO/AERIAL allows you to align reconstructions to known points in the scene (control points) and perform 3D metric measurements. 3DF Zephyr FREE/LITE don't have these tools, but it is still possible to scale and make measurements with the following instructions: https://www.3dscanninghacks.com/wiki..._Free_And_Lite

Please note that this will not be as accurate as carefully picked control points in PRO/AERIAL, but it may be accurate enough for your needs.

Comment

Working...