X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • davidu
    Blossoming 3Dflower
    • Mar 2020

Colorizing point clouds

I have a dataset which consists in a set of camera images and a LiDAR point clouds of the same environment in ply format with x, y, z, and intensity. I'd like to colorize this point clouds so that generated point clouds would have color as well as original intensity values. By loading my images with internal and external parameters along with the point clouds, I was able to make structured point clouds and update color successfully. But, once I export this generated point clouds, it does have rgb values but loses its original intensity values. Are there any ways I can fix this and have both color and intensity in generated point clouds?

Below is the header of my input ply file:

ply
    format binary_little_endian 1.0
    comment Generated by the CGAL library
    element vertex 23054357
    property float x
    property float y
    property float z
    property uchar intensity
    end_header

Thank you in advance for your help!
  • Andrea Alessi
    3Dflow Staff
    • Oct 2013

Hi davidu,

apologies for the late reply. I have also replied to your other inquiries via email.

unfortunately this is not supported at this time. If this is something you require, I think we can find time to implement it for the next release. You can post feature requests here https://www.3dflow.net/forums/forum/...ature-requests - let me know if you want me to add one for you!

Comment

Working...