• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jerry
    3Dflower
    • May 2020

All options are greyed out

I am running the pro trial version.

I am trying to create a 3d model (with textures) from an e57 point cloud file.
    I can import the file by drag and dropping it in zephyr, however all export and generation options are greyed out how do i resolve this issue?
  • Andrea Alessi
    3Dflow Staff
    • Oct 2013

Hi Jerry,

in order to extract the mesh, you first will need to make the dense cloude structured. After importing it, right click it and select "make structured".

Note that the file must embed the scan(s) origin, so make sure you are exporting that/those from the software that generated the e57 or you will not be able to structure it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	makestructured.png Views:	0 Size:	11.0 KB ID:	6249
    Note that you will likely not get a very good texture using only bubbleview cameras. My suggestion is to integrate photos from a photogrammetry project to colorize your point cloud, like shown here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oT0C...ture=emb_title

Comment

• Jerry
      3Dflower
      • May 2020

thanks for the explanation Andrea!

I managed to get all my point clouds structured and i can extract the mesh now. And after extracting the mesh i can generate a texture.

Only obstacle now is that there are 19 point clouds in my project, is there a way to extract them all as one mesh?

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
        3Dflow Staff
        • Oct 2013

happy to help!

I assume the scans are already registered, in which case, you simply need to select the dense clouds (left click drag, in the same panel where you right clicked to make them structured - you will see the name of the element change color, or you can shift + left click) , right click -> merge

Once the elements have merged, you can then extract a single mesh and eventually then, a textured mesh

Comment

• Jerry
          3Dflower
          • May 2020

Thanks!

This is exactly what I needed.

Comment

Working...