• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • combo
    3Dflower
    • Apr 2017

PNG files use as a Mask

Hi guys!
    I tried using the Mask tool inside Zephyr and I had a lot of problems to get a mesh.

I'm doing a 360 turntable photogrammetry and I want to load PNG (black and white files) pictures to load as a mask.
    Is there any way to load a mask create in photoshop as a PNG files?

I couldnt find the way to do this.
  • Roberto
    3Dflow
    • Jun 2011

Hi Combo,

the simplest way to load external png masks is to save them with the suffix _masked.png in the same directory of the pictures. For example, for the image 'DSC001.jpg', you should create a mask file named 'DSC001.jpg_masked.png'. During the new project wizard, if you select to 'use masks' they will be automatically loaded.

Please let me know if this solve your problem. If you also would like to share some datasets with us, we can give you additional hints on how to solve the problems.

Comment

• combo
      3Dflower
      • Apr 2017

Hi Roberto.
      I really appreciate your quick reply.

Well I cant show you the project in which Im currently working, but I follow you instructions.

1. Load image as Image_01.NEF
      2. I created a mask for it name "Image_01.NEF_MASKED.png" (without any alpha (black and white) applied)
      Question:
      The .png file needs to be ONLY a black and white image(PNG) or any picture needs to have an alpha applied?

Question 2:
      Does matters if I have MASK instead of MASKED?
      Does the name make any difference?

Question 3:
      What about CAPS?
      Should I name the file without caps?
      OR
      To recognize the masks Zephyr will also recognize CAPS?

I have a 360 degree (turntable) object and I create a black and white PNG file as a mask (this doesn't have any alpha applied)

I'm out of ideas how to get this work.

Using the .bim mask files from Zephyr works ok with one exception.
      One camera or projection goes really crazy without any reason and the cameras using the .bim file works correct. There is just this only one camera that is making everything goes crazy.

After triangulated the point cloud for any reason will cut my model.
      Is really weird. In the point cloud looks ok (with this small one camera exception)
      After calculation the mesh the model will cut in half of it.

Comment

• combo
        3Dflower
        • Apr 2017

Comment

• Roberto
          3Dflow
          • Jun 2011

the convention is white -] object, black -] masked background.
          All the accepted suffixes are (either uppercase or lowercase):
          "_mask.png"
          "_masked.png"
          "_mask.jpg"
          "_masked.jpg"
          "_mask.tif"
          "_masked.tif"
          "_mask.tiff"
          "_masked.tiff"

The problem with the partial model may be also due to an incorrect bounding box:
          https://www.3dflow.net/technology/documents/3df-zephyr-tutorials/tutorial-managing-bounding-box/

If you send me an example of mask + image I may also investigate about the mask loading problems.

Comment

Working...