• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TCTOOLSDESIGN
    3Dfollower
    • Jul 2019

Looking for some advice if possible

Evening everyone.

I've done a few projects on 3df now and got some really nice results. Smooth mesh, not bobbly etc.
    However just recently I've been struggling to get it right and wondering if the results are because I'm doing a certain thing wrong.

I've attached an image. This mesh has a dense cloud with 100% noise filtering! I've been looking at the tutorial which the house roof and it appears similar to that, but I can not get it right.

So I did a test, I've take photos of a flat wall. Lots of graffiti on it. It's a nice smooth wooden wall panel.

The image attached show my results.
  • cam3d
    3Dflover
    • Sep 2017

TCTOOLSDESIGN could you please share some photographs from the project? It could be the way you're taking the photos or the surface itself, seeing the photographs will help figure that out!

Comment

• TCTOOLSDESIGN
      3Dfollower
      • Jul 2019

I've done another test today and I have a feeling it's my pictures. I did a test today with more natural light and changed the settings on the camera to suit and the results are better. Think I need to find a setting and stick as much to it as possible. Cheers

Comment

• TCTOOLSDESIGN
        3Dfollower
        • Jul 2019

These are some pictures of a pillbox I did The mesh results were amazing! Both textured and underlying mesh were very good. The test I did today was indoors on an old suspension arm. I'm getting bobbles again. I'm wondering if I've changed something on my camera.

Comment

• TCTOOLSDESIGN
          3Dfollower
          • Jul 2019

This is some of the suspension arm photos
          Attached Files

Comment

• cam3d
            3Dflover
            • Sep 2017

hey again TCTOOLSDESIGN ! - Thanks for sharing those pictures!

When you get close up to your subject like that you lose a lot of sharpness to the DOF. The closer you get to your subject, the higher you need to push up the F/stop number (right now you are shooting at F/4 which is very shallow, pushing to around F/16 will capture more of your subject in sharp focus)

- Of course the tradeoff with a higher F/stop number is you have less light coming in through your aperture, so you need to slow down your shutter speed to let in more light. It might get to 5+ seconds per capture. If it's taking too long you can increase your ISO a bit, but this will introduce noise at high levels so I try to keep this as low as possible, usually under 400iso.

With a slow shutterspeed you will definitely want to use a tripod and a shutter remote or 2s timer so there is no camera shake when you go to take the photo.

You may want to look at setting up a turntable and using masking - there's some information about that here: https://www.3dflow.net/technology/do...for-turntable/

Comment

• TCTOOLSDESIGN
              3Dfollower
              • Jul 2019

Cheers I'll give it a go. Maybe that's what I've changed. Sometimes I get carried away with settings and then mess up what I got a good result from! Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎