X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kevin
    3Dflower
    • Jul 2020

Half body model

Trying to animate a teddy bear mascot. Took 24 shots with mobile phone but only 10 pics re-constructed giving just a half body model. Tried numerous times with different lighting but with similar results. Wondering what went wrong. Any advice would be great.
    PC has Win 10 Home 64bit, Intel Core i5-6400T CPU @2.2GHz, 8GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 530,HDD 871GB free. 2020-08-7
  • Andrea Alessi
    3Dflow Staff
    • Oct 2013

Hi Kevin,

it's hard to tell from the screenshot alone.

24 photos are not a lot, so my first reaction would be that you didn't have enough overlap between certain photos and thus only the bigger cluster of photos was reconstructed. Try taking more images, and make sure you are not moving your object as you take photos.

Any chance you could share the photos? Sorry for the vague reply but without looking at the photos is really hard to help with a more specific answer

Comment

• Kevin
      3Dflower
      • Jul 2020

Please use link. Appreciate your comments.

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
        3Dflow Staff
        • Oct 2013

Hi Kevin,

unfortunatley your photos are too noisy for a quality reconstruction, the iso speed is very high and they are out of focus.

if possible, use a camera with a tripod if you have to shoot indoors, possibly not a cellphone.

In alternative, try shooting outside on an overcast day (or at least, not in direct sunlight) as natural light helps a lot cameras, especially those with a very small sensor such as a cellphone, so that your images will be clear and crisp - take also few more shots if possible. That should help you achieve a base photo quality.

I hope this helps!

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍