• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 3dscanreality
    3Dfollower
    • May 2017

Photoconsistency better then texture itself

hi there
    i bought the lite steam version and was experimenting... i've already used photoscan and reality capture and now I chose 3df zephyr...

however, when i mesh the dense point cloud i do the photoconsistency pass after the mesh was generated and the viewport render looks really good.. then when i do the texture pass the texture itself on the viewport is much more blurry than the mesh itself...
    what am I doing wrong?? can someone help here?

thank you
  • Roberto
    3Dflow
    • Jun 2011

Hi 3Dscanreality,

a blurred texture can be due to several reasons. Most of the time there might be one or more cameras not oriented properly. The mesh vertex colors is computed in a quick way with a straightforward multi-band approach, while the texturing phase uses a more complex color balance approach by default. You can probably get a better texture in this case by disabling the color balancing or (better) by checking the cameras and exclude the ones that are not oriented correctly. If you can send us the dataset I can check it in more details and give you specific feedback. Just write me an email (roberto.toldo@3dflow.net) and I'll create an account on our file sharing server.

Comment

• 3dscanreality
      3Dfollower
      • May 2017

first of all, thank u your quick reply.

well, when i say blurred that's not really uselless but is definitely more blurred than the mesh stage.. as i said, its my first time using this software so i'm still reading the manual and experimenting it.. when i get home, i'll desable the color balance because all the photos taken were quite sharp and they gave a real good mesh, wondering only that texture thing... but i'll give it a try as you said
      thank you

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
        3Dflow Staff
        • Oct 2013

hi!

another test i would to is to simply trying to generate a higher resolution texture (16k for example) and making sure you're not simplyfiying the mesh

Anyways, if you want to share the dataset with us, we'll gladly have a look at it =)

Comment

• 3dscanreality
          3Dfollower
          • May 2017

thank you i'll try this later.. if i'm not successfull i'll send you, thank you

Comment

• 3dscanreality
            3Dfollower
            • May 2017

that issue was solved disabling the color balance.
            however, i was wondering how can i check what cameras are bad oriented? 'cause when i align them all cameras appear as OK and detect points
            again, thank you

Comment

• Roberto
              3Dflow
              • Jun 2011

You have several ways to detect bad oriented cameras.
              The most straightforward way is to click on the camera and check in the 3D view if it's well aligned with the underlying 3D model / point cloud.
              You can also spot the oriented cameras by opening the dialog from tools -] workspace -] camera stats and ordering the cameras by points seen or reprojection error. Usually (but not always), bad oriented cameras have a low number of points seen and/or an high reprojection error.
              Finally, if you have a pro/aerial version you might also check the camera orientations by adding control points and checking the epipolar lines in the near cameras.

It is also worth mentioning that sometimes a camera can be oriented correctly, but the original picture itself might be blurred. In that case, the image quality index (tools -] image quality index) can help you.

Comment

• 3dscanreality
                3Dfollower
                • May 2017

ok, great! thank you very much!

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢