• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • second ich
    3Dflower
    • Sep 2020

Generate 3D mesh from dense point cloud

Hello,

I tried to follow your tutorials, but they are made with an older version of Zephyre. I created a dense point cloud, set up the correct transformation and removed all unwanted points. Now I want to create a 3D mesh from this clean dense point cloud, but I can only go to "3D model generation" which will generate a new dense point cloud.

How can I create a mesh from an already created dense point cloud?

Is there now a new and better workflow to clean up the mesh?

Thanks
  • Andrea Alessi
    3Dflow Staff
    • Oct 2013

Hi second ich,

the "3D model generation" will generate in one shot the dense and the mesh (which is suggest if you also are interested in the dense cloud) or you can still generate a mesh starting from a dense cloud from the workflow / advanced menu

Some tools may have been moved but are still available and new tools have been added as well - look in the right side of the screen under the "editing panel"

Let me know if you need additional help!

Comment

• second ich
      3Dflower
      • Sep 2020

Originally posted by Andrea Alessi
      you can still generate a mesh starting from a dense cloud from the workflow / advanced menu
      Oh, thank you. I thought "mesh extraction" meant to export the mesh.

But what is the best workflow now? I need the dense point cloud the see how the scan turned out so I can remove unnecessary information for an optimal mesh generation and to speed up the process. But since the dense point cloud and 3d mesh is generated in one go I would need to generate the 3d mesh twice every time.

Or how is your suggested workflow?

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
        3Dflow Staff
        • Oct 2013

If you know you are going to do dense cloud cleanup, you can absolutely use the advanced workflow

If instead you believe your photos will yield good results without a lot of noise, you can safely create the 3D model in one shot (the dense cloud will then be improved using photoconsistency information generated in the mesh step) so if you need to export the dense cloud, it's better to do the mesh generation too.

Comment

• second ich
          3Dflower
          • Sep 2020

OK, Thanks. I only need to export the mesh.

Is there a way to place the pivot of my 3D object (move, scale, rotate) exactly to the center of the world (X,Y,Z/0,0,0)?

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
            3Dflow Staff
            • Oct 2013

If you mean in export, yes, you can set a control point where desired and then set 0,0,0 as constraint (available only in 3DF Zephyr, not available in 3DF Zephyr Free or 3DF Zephyr Lite - if you are using lite or free, you will have to do that in a third party software, e.g. blender)

If instead you mean in the zephyr workspace for visualization, you can simply use the orbit with pivot mode

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎