• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 3dscanreality
    3Dfollower
    • May 2017

Zbrush issue with exported mesh

Hi folks,

I'm having a few issues when i'm working with zbrush in order to clean up or even decimate and zremesh the exported mesh from zephyr
    I'm exporting in Obj and when i upload to zbrush, when i try to smooth something it gives me that broken stuff appearance...

also, if I try to remesh it as it is, zbrush just break and keeps at like 30% 'ad eternum' and if i try to dynamesh it, the software just shuts down immediately..

I tried with other exported meshes from agisoft and RC and everything is ok, no matter the polycount or whatever.. and this just happens with exported meshes from zephyr..

If i could guess, doesnt it have to do with the triangulation of the mesh that it is different from the others softwares?

I know this has to do with zbrush, but i hope someone can help me here ..

thank you
  • Roberto
    3Dflow
    • Jun 2011

Hello,

I'm not a zbrush expert but here are my 2cents

Have you tried to export the mesh without texture? If you have problems only with the textured mesh the problem might be caused by the uv seams... In that case the best workflow would be to make the mesh in zephyr -> export into modeling software and possibly defined a costum unwrapped uv -> reimport in Zephyr for final texturing.

Anyway, can you send me an example of 'working' obj and an example of obj with problems? I don't think it's an export problem from our side but who knows, bugs happen

Comment

• 3dscanreality
      3Dfollower
      • May 2017

great! that's just it eheh

exported just the mesh and it works perfectly

thank you, great support as always

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰