X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • roger johnson
    3Dflourished
    • Nov 2020

model sharpening tools?

Can anyone suggest tools or software that tries to sharpen the surface of a 3d model which has been created using photogrammetry or by scanner..

• CBY
    3Dflower
    • Feb 2021

You can import an .obj file in Blender (freeware). There are several tools, by exemple "sculpture" in order to soften/modify the surface, an edit mode... This is a complex software and you need some time and practice. But it is very efficient.

Comment

• roger johnson
      3Dflourished
      • Nov 2020

Thanks i will look into it

but it sounds like I need something that creates edges that have perhaps have been worn away with erosion

Comment

• CBY
        3Dflower
        • Feb 2021

Hi Roger,
        Using "Edit Mode" in Blender you can add vertex (points) and edges, modify their places and so on. Generaly 3DF creates and huge number of points and triangles. When we modelise in Blender we try to minimise the number of vertex (low poly). In a first step try do reduce the number of points in 3DF before exporting: Tools>Mesh Filter>decimation (with the copy option) and export in .obj mode.

Comment

• cam3d
          3Dflover
          • Sep 2017

roger johnson Something you could experiment with is the Edge Filter slider when creating a mesh or applying a Photoconsistency Based Mesh Optimisation to your model

Comment

• roger johnson
            3Dflourished
            • Nov 2020

thanks to you both..

I've still a lot of catching up todo

but hopefully will be back in due course

Comment

• roger johnson
              3Dflourished
              • Nov 2020

Cam3d

I had a quick try and loaded one of the rosetta stone 3d models using load model option

Unfortunately the option for photoconsistancy is greyed out so it doesnt look like I can use the edge filter....

unless I have the original source photos

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍