X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paxtammy
    3Dflower
    • Mar 2021

Question of photogrammetry with cars

So I understand its pretty difficult doing photogrammetry with cars due to reflections, etc.

Is there anything I can do to edit each photo - in photo shop to help out? I will be masquerading as well.

The different thinghere tho, is im not using my camera. I am taking screen shots on the internet of a car model that is rotating on a platform.

Will be there an issue because of screen shots? Also, is there anything I can do to maybe color in the reflections via photoshop, then do masquerade?
  • paxtammy
    3Dflower
    • Mar 2021

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.PNG
Views:	188
Size:	836.0 KB
ID:	7264

Comment

• paxtammy
      3Dflower
      • Mar 2021

the images will over lap as I have taken about 70 photos with overlap.

Comment

• cam3d
        3Dflover
        • Sep 2017

Hi paxtammy

So I understand its pretty difficult doing photogrammetry with cars due to reflections, etc.
        - Reflections are indeed an issue, along with feature-poor surfaces (smooth, uniform) like the paint on this car.

Is there anything I can do to edit each photo - in photo shop to help out? I will be masquerading as well.
        - Not really, it's not advised to edit images, especially from a third party source. Really a subject like this needs to be dusted with powder in the real world for a successful reconstruction.

The different thing here tho, is im not using my camera. I am taking screen shots on the internet of a car model that is rotating on a platform.

Will be there an issue because of screen shots? Also, is there anything I can do to maybe color in the reflections via photoshop, then do masquerade?
        - Screen shots are non-ideal, generally much lower resolution than original photographs, and have no guarantee of processing success - Coloring reflections won't help with the camera orientation or surface reconstruction.

Comment

• paxtammy
          3Dflower
          • Mar 2021

Thank you for the information!

Comment

• Razron
            3Dflower
            • Sep 2018

The best way to deal with shiny surfaces is use a special matting spray. The disadvantage is that you would have to add colour manually if you need it. For sure it's not possible if you use rotating car in web. As I understand it's impossible to rotate it upside down, so you would probably be unable to capture enough data for the roof and the bottom of the car.
            It is possible to photoshop most of the reflections off, however the result still may be inaccurate as you paint new data above reflections which may not be the same as the actual car surface.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎