X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gmagic911@aol.com
    3Dflower
    • Feb 2020

3D Model Was A Flop!

I tried to make a 3D model of a little boy using a 360 degree video in the free version. The result was very poor. The following link shows the video that I used and what the model looked like. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCfCdHGkry8

Any suggestions for improvement or is the poor quality due to the 50 frame limit?
  • cam3d
    3Dflover
    • Sep 2017

Hi gmagic911@aol.com

There are a few reasons why the model reconstructed poorly:

- The subject is moving. Any kind of subject movement relative to the environment will be an issue, even if it's just slight movement like breathing. To repeatably reconstruct 3D humans using photogrammetry it's highly recommended to use a multi-camera system with studio lighting to freeze a fraction of a second from multiple angles. This can get pretty expensive, as you can imagine.

- Video input is generally weaker than photos, with a lower resolution, frame interpolation and motion blur common issues. I would stick to photographs, especially if you're using the free version with a 50 image limit - You want to make sure your 50 images are as high quality as possible.

- Aside from these issues, there is some variability when it comes to settings in Zephyr. If you were to share the original video file and let me know the settings you used to process the data, I can get back to you with some targeted feedback regarding processing settings. You can share your data using a public Google Drive link or WeTransfer (or whatever your preference is for file sharing).

I hope this helped!

Comment

• gmagic911@aol.com
      3Dflower
      • Feb 2020

I might try taking still pics of the video. Otherwise, in the future I'll use still pics rather than a video. Thanks for your comments.

Comment

• gmagic911@aol.com
        3Dflower
        • Feb 2020

Still pics from video wasn't successful either.

Comment

• CBY
          3Dflower
          • Feb 2021

Comment

Working...