X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marshallmodder
    3Dflower
    • Apr 2021

360 degree camera + regular camera

Someone posted on Reddit of a method they used to make a model for a room by using a few shots from a 360 degree camera and more shots from a regular DSLR camera. The reconstruction was done with a different program but is that a decent approach to help Zephyr align photos from a regular camera where there isn't a lot of overlap between images? The reasoning made sense to me but sometimes things are counter-intuitive
  • matwelli
    Blossoming 3Dflower
    • May 2021

They appear to cover it here, starting with 360 camera shots, and saying dslr shots can be added to it https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo

Comment

• marshallmodder
      3Dflower
      • Apr 2021

Originally posted by matwelli
      They appear to cover it here, starting with 360 camera shots, and saying dslr shots can be added to it https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo
      I'll try combining my Canon with my GoPro before I commit to buying a 360 camera. Maybe a dev will comment soon

Comment

• cam3d
        3Dflover
        • Sep 2017

Originally posted by marshallmodder
        Someone posted on Reddit of a method they used to make a model for a room by using a few shots from a 360 degree camera and more shots from a regular DSLR camera. The reconstruction was done with a different program but is that a decent approach to help Zephyr align photos from a regular camera where there isn't a lot of overlap between images? The reasoning made sense to me but sometimes things are counter-intuitive
        There are a lot of factors to consider and the best way to really know is to iteratively test different techniques :-)

My personal preference when scanning an interior space would be to use a full frame camera with a wide focal length (between 14-24mm depending on the space) - If you're just looking for a quick capture then using a 360 camera will save a lot of time, however the results you get will typically be inferior as a result of the high levels of lens distortion among other factors.

Comment

Working...