X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • roger johnson
    3Dflourished
    • Nov 2020

fill hole time after 3d model dense cloud and mesh phases

After about 2 days run time for 3d model generation phases, I started the watertight fill hole algorithm. Its taken 5 hours to complete! the first 4 cameras of 144 images. is this about right?

• roger johnson
    3Dflourished
    • Nov 2020

I used close detail and high detail options

Comment

• cam3d
      3Dflover
      • Sep 2017

Hi roger johnson - 2 days is a very long time however it does depend on your computer hardware. What kind of computer specifications do you have? (CPU/RAM/GPU etc..) - If you have run out of ram and the RAM is swapping to a slow HDD then this kind of slowdown is likely.

Comment

• roger johnson
        3Dflourished
        • Nov 2020

Yes I am a bit surprised .. I first ran the Free version 6 months ago and Ive just upgraded to Lite!

The hardware is not great but seemed adequate in the past (Asus core-i5 1.70 Ghz)

But now everything is much slower particularly the fill hole support

Comment

• roger johnson
          3Dflourished
          • Nov 2020

Im beginning to think its hardware as zephyr reported bad alloc error in the log...

or is software?

Comment

• roger johnson
            3Dflourished
            • Nov 2020

I also notice that the log files seem to clear during reconstruction
            Attached Files

Comment

• cam3d
              3Dflover
              • Sep 2017

Most likely you're running out of hardware resources which is causing the dramatic slowdown. If you can share the full log we should be able to determine exactly when things go wrong:

The 3DF Zephyr log files are just a few clicks away. Learn how to find logs for all 3DF Zephyr versions.

Comment

• roger johnson
                3Dflourished
                • Nov 2020

Im trying to get hold of another laptop to eliminate harfware problems.............

so are you suggesting that I ignore the "bad alloc error" appearing in the attached file above?

Comment

• cam3d
                  3Dflover
                  • Sep 2017

Hi Roger, I believe it's a lack of RAM and using settings which demand more which is causing the allocation error. Using a higher spec'd machine or using lower quality settings should mitigate this issue.

Comment

• roger johnson
                    3Dflourished
                    • Nov 2020

thanks. I am sure you are right . The obj file sizes for exported meshes are significantly larger when using close range.

for example the standard presets generate file sizes for mesh and textured mesh of 67.5 mb and 85.2 mb respectively.

up-ing the presets produces file sizes of 1.2 gb and 454.mb respectively which then require decimation

are there any rules of thumb that explain the increased size?

Comment

• cam3d
                      3Dflover
                      • Sep 2017

Hi roger johnson

The increased size is a result of more polgons and/or larger textures generated. It's incredibly difficult to pre-determine how many polygons will be created as there are a very large number of variables to consider.

If you are creating textured meshes you can set the max vertices under the advanced settings tab to have a more predictable outcome.

Comment

Working...