• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EstherZeng
    3Dflower
    • Jun 2021

3D model with transparent color

Hello,

I tried using 2D images to 3D model and it works great!

And next, I want to ignore black pixels, make them transparent (just keep the light line and build 3D mesh).

So I use the Masquerade to make a mask, but it doesn't work, the black pixel is still on the 3d model and it has fewer details.

Is there anything I missed or is this possible?

Thanks for the help!

• Andrea Alessi
    3Dflow Staff
    • Oct 2013

Hi Esther,

I am not sure what you mean with "keep the light line"

3DF Zephyr will ignore everything you mask out. Transparency is not a concept that applies in generating a mesh, as transparency is handled in general via shaders and materials. Zephyr is thus unable to reconstruct a transparent surface - you will have to do that in your destination software, e.g. blender.

Comment

• EstherZeng
      3Dflower
      • Jun 2021

Thank you for your reply!

My datasets are grey images, so maybe the intensity < 50 is background, and > 50 is the object (light line).

I wish to ignore the background pixel, so the ideal result is just to build the object (light line).

but the actual result contains the background area. maybe the mask does not isolate the background clearly?

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
        3Dflow Staff
        • Oct 2013

It's hard for me to tell without looking at the dataset and mask. If you want to share your dataset (all photos, masks and .zep) with us at support@3dflow.net (use any third party service you like, for example wetransfer or a dropbox link) and we will be happy to take a look

Comment

• EstherZeng
          3Dflower
          • Jun 2021

Thanks. My dataset and .zep file is here. please let me know what should I do.

Comment

• cam3d
            3Dflover
            • Sep 2017

Hi EstherZeng

Thanks for sharing those images. It will not be possible to create a thin 3D reconstruction of just the white elements in your images, as they do not have enough feature points for Zephyr to work with.

As Andrea mentioned, it would be best to look into opacity maps outside of Zephyr. This is a non-trivial subject and requires some advanced 3D knowledge. Here's a link to further information: https://artisticrender.com/how-to-us...es-in-blender/

Comment

• EstherZeng
              3Dflower
              • Jun 2021

I'll give a shot, thank you for your advice!

Comment

Working...