X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AlexL
    Blossoming 3Dflower
    • Jul 2021

What settings can I replace the preset with Close Range

Dear all, please help me with my small question.

Previously, when I using the program, I installed the preset close range and it works great.
    This setting has disappeared in the updated version of the program.

Can you please tell me which preset is best suited for scanning small single objects now?

I tried using the Surface Scan preset, but the quality is much worse than with the previous settings.

Support told me, that I should use General preset, but I just faced to problem, that with the General preset, the triangle grid is much larger than before.

Please recommend me, what changes I need to be made in the settings to make the triangles in mesh smaller.

My scan object is 160cm * 50cm

With the Close Range preset, the file turned out to be 300MB in size and was very accurate.

With the General preset -170mb and the grid is large

I added a picture in the body of the email with an example of a scanned object.

Thank you in advance.
  • cam3d
    3Dflover
    • Sep 2017

Hi AlexL

If you get undesirable results with the surface reconstruction presets:

Category: General
    Presets: Default

I'd first recommend changing the surface reconstruction preset to:

Category: General
    Presets: High Details

Then if you want to tune your parameters further, switch into the Advanced mode (top right hand corner of the settings window) and increase the image resolution in the photo-consistency optimization section. Generally speaking there's not all that much benefit from having the image resolution higher than 80%, and your results will vary depending on the quality of your input data.

Comment

Working...