Only the lower part of the model is visible, Inverted normals?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hainrick
    3Dflower
    • Jul 2021

Only the lower part of the model is visible, Inverted normals?

Hello,

I have an interesting problem. Only the bottom of the model is visible. The same thing happens if I import this model to Blender or Zbrus... in Zbrush i can see hole model when i use display properties-->double.

How can I avoid this in the modeling process?? I think this is related to inverted normals??

• Andrea Alessi
    3Dflow Staff
    • Oct 2013

Hello hainrick,

have you reconstructed the top part of the subject? As in, do you have the photos from the top half?

Because this seems just culling done from the software you are using, which is perfectly normal. You can eventually disable culling in the other software, but it seems like you need a full model, not just a different rendering option. Feel free to share the photos and project if you want and we'll be happy to take a look!

Comment

• hainrick
      3Dflower
      • Jul 2021

Couple of new pictures. In the program the model is displayed as it should be. After exporting something happened...
      In addition, the center of the model from above is not modeled at all...
      Last edited by hainrick; 2021-07-09, 02:48 PM. Reason: edit: more pictures

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
        3Dflow Staff
        • Oct 2013

it seems that you are mistakenly thinking it has been reconstructed byt you are simply seeing the triangle from above, without culling.

Can you share the photos and project, or screenshots the model without color/texture? You will need likely more photos to reconstruct your subject. If you can share your project I can be more specific

Comment

• hainrick
          3Dflower
          • Jul 2021

I did more tests... This problem is solved in 3D viewer if i export model in obj format. If i use .glb format this problem appears.

Model in .obj and .glb format

I but in the model name of the features that are on in export process.

Comment

• cam3d
            3Dflover
            • Sep 2017

Hi hainrick - The models you shared have been deleted and are inaccessible to us right now. It's likely that you have only reconstructed one surface and not a watertight model with two distinct sides, either this or your subject is so thin that you're experiencing a form of Z-Fighting https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z-fighting -

Comment

• hainrick
              3Dflower
              • Jul 2021

That's probably what it's about. The butterfly's wings are thin and that model is not watertight.

Thanks for the link and help.

Comment

Working...