X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jupp2000
    3Dflourished
    • May 2021

Mixing landscape and portrait images?

I recently took both portrait and landscape photos for an image set. It looks like Zephyr is struggling with the alignment. Usually I only shoot in landscape format and have saved a calibration for my 12mm Samyang lens (no fisheye) that works very well.
    Now I have created an extra calibration for the portrait format, because the alignment with only one calibration did not work. The noisepattern of the calibration is of course very small when taking pictures in portrait and does not fill the image content.
    But also with that preparation the alignment went wrong.

Is it even possible to mix formats? Do I have to pay attention to anything else?
    Kind regards
    jupp2000
  • cam3d
    3Dflover
    • Sep 2017

Hey jupp2000 - It really shouldn't matter what orientation your photos are taken as long as there is enough clear overlapping features then you shouldn't need to create additional calibration files. It's definitely possible to combine a mixture of lenses etc... but personally I avoid doing so to keep things nice and simple. As always if you can share your failed images we can give advice on why they aren't working and how to resolve the issue :-)

Comment

• jupp2000
      3Dflourished
      • May 2021

Hi cam3d,

yes, thank you, that would interest me a lot. I load the pictures into google drive and send you an email.
      As I have already written, the pictures were taken with the Samyang 12mm manual lens.
      Thanks very much!

Comment

• cam3d
        3Dflover
        • Sep 2017

Hi jupp2000 - Great thanks! you can send the link to download the images to support@3dflow.net

Comment

Working...