• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thegoodguy
    3Dflower
    • Sep 2021

3DF Zephyr won't start - dll problem

Hi,

I just installed 3DF Zephyr because I thought it might cool to give my 3-year-old great-niece a 3D printed a mask of her own face (taking the photos is going to be fun). The program won't even start. I get this pop-up message:

Click image for larger version

Name:	message.jpg
Views:	512
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	7602

I have hunted high and low for a solution and tried some things (repair Visual C++, run SFC /scannow etc.) but no joy. I'm hoping that someone in the seasoned user-base has some sage advice.

I'm running Windows 7. I realised after installing v6 that it's not built for Windows 7, so I downloaded and installed v5.019. Still the problem persists.

Many thanks.
  • Andrea Alessi
    3Dflow Staff
    • Oct 2013

Hi thegoodguy,

I strongly suggest you update your operating system as Windows 7 has reached end of life and it is no longer supported, not just by us, but also by microsoft.

In any case, if you really must use windows 7, make sure to follow the troubleshooting process here as it looks like you're missing the VC redistributables components: https://www.3dflow.net/technology/do...oubleshooting/

Comment

• thegoodguy
      3Dflower
      • Sep 2021

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
        3Dflow Staff
        • Oct 2013

Hi,

it's likely you're missing some other windows component.

It may seem super stable, but unless you have that machine completely disconnected from the internet, I strongly suggest you update your operating system to something that is safe for daily use.

Unfortunately, it's an operating system that is no longer supported by neither Microsoft or 3Dflow. Sorry!

Comment

• AlanChapman
          Blossoming 3Dflower
          • Oct 2021

You are absolutely right that you need to change windows, I had problems a week ago, I was using an old computer, but two days ago I bought a new one, redid everything and now everything is great!

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎