How to reconstruct objects placed on a holder?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jupp2000
    3Dflourished
    • May 2021

How to reconstruct objects placed on a holder?

upside up , shooting all the images from different angles
    - second run: upside down, shooting all the images from different angles

How do i go on to remove the objectholder from the calculation?

Thank you
    jupp2000
  • cam3d
    3Dflover
    • Sep 2017

Hi jupp2000 - you can remove the object support using masking. 3DF Zephyr comes with a masking program called Masquerade. Here's a tutorial which covers your query and gives additional information which you may find useful: https://www.3dflow.net/technology/do...for-turntable/

Comment

• jupp2000
      3Dflourished
      • May 2021

Hi cam3d,
      thank you!

I apologize, I did not mention that I know masquerade and work with it.
      But the result is unsatisfactory. (just for projects with holder, masking of objects that can stand alone is no problem)
      As you can see, the green edges remain from the plasticine, even though I masked everything.
      It seems as if, despite the masking, the paint shows through at the point where the plasticine holder was.
      What can i do to get clean textures?

jupp2000

Comment

• cam3d
        3Dflover
        • Sep 2017

No problem jupp2000

I recommend avoiding supports with colour, as the colour can bounce light onto the surface of your model making things inconstant. Consider using black support material as an alternative, so there is no light bounce. You can also get much more even light using a ringflash. As a ringflash surrounds the camera lens with light, almost all shadows disappear, so it doesn't matter which orientation your subject is placed.

The ringflash I use and highly recommend is the Godox AR400 - but in principle any ringflash will function in a similar manner. The powerful the ringflash, the better camera settings you can use (low ISO, high f/stop etc...) - I started out with an Aputure Amaran Halo AHL-HC100 - It was OK but quite underpowered so I couldn't always get the results I wanted.

Comment

• jupp2000
          3Dflourished
          • May 2021

Comment

• cam3d
            3Dflover
            • Sep 2017

jupp2000 Regarding light changes - think about it in terms of:

Your current lights are in a fixed position, your subject is moving - There are subtle differences in intensity and shadows will be cast and move across the surface of the subject as the light is bouncing and multi-directional. For example, you can see shadow on the area under the blue line, but when this is rotated, your currently lighting setup will then not have a shadow there. (Reference image attached).

With a ring light you're not bouncing light around, rather you are targeting it directly onto the surface. There is no need to illuminate a whole object because the camera can only see one side of the subject, so it makes sense to only illuminate the subject from the perspective of the camera. As a result of using a ring flash instead of bouncing light around you will suppress the shadows evenly every shot, and you can use a black backdrop, black surface and black support to further suppress light bounce etc... I find that black works for 90% of the work I do, and a dark grey is a good alternative if the subject itself is black, so it's easier to separate the subject from the rest of the image using mask by colour in Masquerade.

I hope this was helpful! If you have any questions just let me know :-)
            Attached Files

Comment

• martinsaw01
              Blossoming 3Dflower
              • Nov 2021

I heard about the Godox, or using a ringlight in general. Mobdro Vip
              Last edited by martinsaw01; 2021-11-19, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Working...