• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 3DEnthusiast
    3Dfollower
    • Jul 2019

Created successful model but now need to make it watertight

Hello there,

I have not used Zephyr for a while due to the pandemic but am having another go as things return to normal. A friend recently asked me to create a photogrammetry model of an air dried clay representation of a roman coin. This would then be used to create a 3D print of his clay model. This was not too difficult and the four and a half inch round clay replica was placed on a turntable and propped up on a little wooden support. This was duly photographed with my Canon 60D sat on a tripod. This generated 16 images taken at roughly 10 degrees apart to give an approximately 160 degree view of the front face of this clay model. Zephyr made short work of this and generated a very believable likeness. So far so good. My only problem is that I am having difficulty rendering this model watertight so that it can be 3D printed. How do I do this in Zephyr? I am using Zephyr 6 Lite. Any help greatly appreciated !
  • cam3d
    3Dflover
    • Sep 2017

Hi 3DEnthusiast -

There's a couple of hole filling tools in 3DF Zephyr which can be found under Tools>MeshFilters>FillHolesSelective/FillHolesWatertight

Depending on the generated surface, the mesh may need to be tweaked in a third party app like Meshmixer which has a large range of pre-print tools available.

If you are able to share the project + photos using a public file sharing service like google drive or wetransfer we can have a look and give you some targeted feedback.

Comment

Working...