X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• default vertices

newbie .....

oldie............

coming back to zephyr after 6 months I have forgotton quite a lot !

how/where do I set the default no, of vertices for the obj file before running 3d model creation?

is this the best way to limit the size of the final object?

Hi
    roger johnson
    3Dflourished
    roger johnson, welcome back!

You can either set the max. vertices in the textured mesh generation wizard or alternatively on completion of your model (DenseCloud/Mesh/TexturedMesh) you can decimate through Tools>MeshFilters>Decimation to your preferred polygonal weighting.

Comment

A couple of things .

sorry im confused

first what Im expecting to generate are obj files - does the texture wizard produce one ?

Is limiting the number of vertices the best method of decimation?

Comment

Hi Roger,

The file type is chosen on export after processing is complete.

- You can create textured OBJ files or non-textured (The free version only allows for export of textured meshes) through the export menu.

There is no one particular best method of decimation - Limiting vertex count at the textured mesh generation stage is a handy way of doing it, otherwise you can do it manually using the mesh filter after textured mesh generation. (Tools>MeshFilters>Decimation) - I don't think you'll see a major difference between these two approaches, but try it out and see for yourself. If you have any other questions feel free to ask!

Comment

Thanks

Ive forgotton more than I thought !

Im a bit surpised there is little difference between the methods

but it means i dont need to get side tracked again

Comment

No problem

Comment

One thing I wanted to check is whether zephyr lite supports the export of non textured meshes ? (post 4)

if so how?

TIA

Comment

Hi roger,

yes, 3DF Zephyr Lite allows to export both meshes and textured meshes. The process is the very same, select "Export -> Export Mesh" or right click -> export

Comment

Working...
                X