Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KenmoJr
    3Dflourished
    • Jan 2022

Thanks for the reply. I did read your link and found it quite confusing. I do have a technical background of over 35 years as a computer programmer and later a system admin for Novel Netware servers as well as Citrix Winframe, Windows servers and SUSE servers. I am also an avid photographer and sell stock images via Shutterstock and Getty Images.

When it comes to a hobby in my retirement I would prefer not to spend my idle time pouring over an user manual. I did enough of that when I was young and in the workforce. I am now in my late 60s.

Comment

• KenmoJr
      3Dflourished
      • Jan 2022

Originally posted by Andrea Alessi

If you need premium support, consider purchasing the full version of 3DF Zephyr, which grants you faster response time over our official support system. The forum is not the official support vector, even though we reply very well within 24h most of the times, or you can reach out to one of our official trainers https://www.3dflow.net/certified-trainers/
      What! an insulting reply. I am contemplating whether I should purchase Metashape or Zephyr OR continue using the PPI version of Reality Capture. I am asking questions to help me make a decision and your advice is IF I want questions answered I should purchase the Pro version of Zephyr. I am glad your not building or making cars.

Comment

• KenmoJr
        3Dflourished
        • Jan 2022

Well I did try several different settings as suggested and the best I could attain in Zep 6.5 was 15 out of 25 alligned photos which is far from what Metascape can do without all the trial and error frustration of Zep.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ZEP-6-5-best.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	7995

As a Canadian, I have issues with purchasing Russian software during this time of global conflict. However the fact I am having so much difficulty with Zephyr despite it's very friendly user interface and the fiddling with settings is over whelming and takes why too much time. With Metascape or Reality Capture, I seldom have to refer to the manual or tinker with the settings.

There is so much more in the way of user tutorials on youtube for Reality or Metascape. The best for Zephyr are by a fellow Canadian in Alberta, however he does not cover the topics I am having issues with.
        The Official videos by 3DFlow are by gents who appear to be quite technically capable but I have difficulty understanding because of their heavy accents and poor English.

Comment

• cam3d
          3Dflover
          • Sep 2017

KenmoJr Feel free to send us a download link for the snowman photographs either here on the forum or support@3dflow.net and we can test them and let you know why they aren't working in Zephyr. It might be that Zephyr is picking up background features which Metashape is not, in which case it's easily resolved with masking, however it's not possible to know exactly what the reason is without seeing the input data itself.

Comment

• KenmoJr
            3Dflourished
            • Jan 2022

E-mail sent with link to photos.

Thanks kindly.

Comment

• cam3d
              3Dflover
              • Sep 2017

Great, thanks, received - I'll take a look when I get a chance to and give you some feedback.

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
                3Dflow Staff
                • Oct 2013

Originally posted by KenmoJr

What! an insulting reply. I am contemplating whether I should purchase Metashape or Zephyr OR continue using the PPI version of Reality Capture. I am asking questions to help me make a decision and your advice is IF I want questions answered I should purchase the Pro version of Zephyr. I am glad your not building or making cars.
                Hi Kenmo,

please don't twist my words. You have been complaining about support, I just underlined again that while we do reply well within 24h even to non-paying customers (like you), if you need faster response times, as stated everywhere on our website (which I'm sure you have read, but for clarity, let me reiterate it) premium support is available only for the full version. See here for example https://www.3dflow.net/3df-zephyr-ph...etry-software/ - this is important because even if you go and choose to purchase the Lite edition, it is important that you manage your expectation in how our staff can help you. We are more than happy, as we are doing with and have done with thousands of other customers in all these years, to even process your data for you.

So please be patient while we clear all requests, including yours.

If you are having issues with the videotutorials, please refer to the written tutorials and official documentation as I previously linked. You can also turn on captions on the youtube channels if the heavy accent of the voiceover is a problem.

Cameron will take a look at your dataset as soon as possible and you can expect a response in the next few days.

Thank you
                Last edited by Andrea Alessi; 2022-03-09, 09:27 AM.

Comment

• KenmoJr
                  3Dflourished
                  • Jan 2022

Andrea you are missing ONE VERY IMPORTANT point. I was not asking for support because I wanted to complete a project. I was ASKING a question to assist me in making a decision on whether to purchase your product or one of your competitors.

My complaint about support goes beyond this forum. Goggling for 3DF Zephyr vs competition will provide so many more tutorials and youtube videos for Meshroom, RealityCapture or Metashape then 3DF Zephyr. Sorry if I offended anyone as that was not my point.

As far as watching your youtube videos with captions turned on to get past the language issue.. No way!!!! I do not watch movies with subtitles as it is too difficult to watch the action and read the captions. I find it twice as hard when it comes to tutorials.

At my age my eyes do not multi-task that well.

Take care.
                  Last edited by KenmoJr; 2022-03-10, 04:27 AM.

Comment

• KenmoJr
                    3Dflourished
                    • Jan 2022

Thanks kindly. The preset you team has created worked perfectly on the snowgal. 24 of 25 photos were accepted and alligned.Click image for larger version

Name:	SNOWGAL01.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	8007

Comment

• KenmoJr
                      3Dflourished
                      • Jan 2022

I was able to generate a mesh and export it to Blender 3.1 and to 3D Coat 2022. Click image for larger version

Name:	SNOWGAL02.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	8009

Comment

• KenmoJr
                        3Dflourished
                        • Jan 2022

Imported into Blender 3.1

Name:	Blender-snowgal.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	122.4 KB
ID:	8011

Comment

• KenmoJr
                          3Dflourished
                          • Jan 2022

Imported into 3D Coat 2022

Name:	3DC-snowgal.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	145.7 KB
ID:	8013

Comment

• KenmoJr
                            3Dflourished
                            • Jan 2022

Many thanks for your prompt support. Much appreciate.

Comment

Working...