X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KenmoJr
    3Dflourished
    • Jan 2022

Import OBJ and project photos to re-texture

I'm still debating whether to purchase 3DF Flow Lite vs Metascape Standard or use RealityCaptures free version.

One thing I really like in Metascape Standard as I play with their 30 day trail is the ability to bring in a low poly model which I retopo'd in 3DCoat or Blender, is the ability to import it into Metascape (or Reality Capture) and re-texture the low poly model with your photos.

I see in 3DF Zephyr under File there is an option to Load Model which appears to be the same as Metashapes & RealityCapture's Import Model option. However I can not figure out how to re-texture with your photos. When I load the retopo model in Zephyr it clears out all my cameras and projects, workspace, meshes, etc. How do I do re-texture a model which has been retopo'd in another app in Zephyr?

Having a 30 day demo in Metascape is a big plus over 3DF Zephyrs 15 day trial. Also Metashape does not have the 500 photo limit. Other than that I find both Metascape and Zephyr to be pretty comparable.
    I also got much better results with my car photos in Metascape and RealityCapture vs Zephyr. That said I still prefer Zephyr or Metascape over RealityCapture.

Many thanks.

Kenmo

• Andrea Alessi
    3Dflow Staff
    • Oct 2013

hi Kenmo,

the load function will just load the model to view it / use tools on it.

You need to use the import -> import mesh with uv map (not available in the free edition) in order to reproject textures on an edited mesh.

You can find the tutorial here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvXBzw2PVMU

When you are ready, feel free to reach out to support@3dflow.net if you need additional trial time, we are happy to extend trials whenever required.

Comment

• KenmoJr
      3Dflourished
      • Jan 2022

Is the import mesh available in the version of 3DF Zephyr which sells approx for $200?

Comment

• cam3d
        3Dflover
        • Sep 2017

KenmoJr - Yes you can import meshes into the Lite version of 3DF Zephyr.

Comment

• KenmoJr
          3Dflourished
          • Jan 2022

Originally posted by Andrea Alessi
          hi Kenmo,

When you are ready, feel free to reach out to support@3dflow.net if you need additional trial time, we are happy to extend trials whenever required.
          I can? I thought I did when I posted a few times on this very forum about the 15 day limit was not a good useable option especially with all the other distractions and commitments one has in daily life. I never received any replies about this until you were kind enough to reply.

Thanks very much for your reply...

Comment

Working...