X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cam3d
    3Dflover
    • Sep 2017

Thanks for that bratpat Here's my feedback:

Your images are OK - Your shutter speed is quite high - You can slow this down and maintain your low ISO and increase your F/stop to improve DOF coverage - Alternatively you need to increase your light levels, otherwise you're limited to increasing the ISO which will in turn increase the noise in your images which you want to avoid.
    (https://youtu.be/E06kgYBftak)

Masking is required so as to remove the background from computation - As it stands, the background is pulling your camera positions apart and producing poor results.
    (https://www.3dflow.net/technology/do...for-turntable/)

There will be a hole at the bottom of the model where there is no camera visibility - This can be fixed up in a program like Autodesk Meshmixer.
    (https://youtu.be/_NBm2GQqybk)

Hope this helps!

Comment

• bratpat
      3Dfollower
      • Mar 2022

Ah, found it. Thanks for the Email. I was trying to avoid masking as you had advised against it in an earlier reply. Since then I have done new images though and as you say they are OK I'll have another go. The cleaning technique using lasso doesn't get rid of all the background. I'll view the videos. Thanks again for your support.

Comment

• cam3d
        3Dflover
        • Sep 2017

Originally posted by bratpat
        Ah, found it. Thanks for the Email. I was trying to avoid masking as you had advised against it in an earlier reply. Since then I have done new images though and as you say they are OK I'll have another go. The cleaning technique using lasso doesn't get rid of all the background. I'll view the videos. Thanks again for your support.
        Could you please let me know when I advised against it so I can correct if needed? Maybe it was a misinterpretation of the my reasoning why masking could make things worse.

- In the case of the images provided, the subject moves relative to the static background so masking is required. If you moved the camera around the subject and the subject + background maintain same relative position, there is no need to mask - I hope this makes sense!

Comment

• bratpat
          3Dfollower
          • Mar 2022

Apologies for not replying sooner but I have not been on the forum till today. The comment on masking was in your reply post of 2022-04-04 10.48pm. I may have misinterpreted it. Anyway, I have been following your advice and trying again - a number of times in this lst week. I loaded my images again and used the turntable masking method and at the third attempt got what I thought was a much improved result. There was some 'debris' below the base and I endeavoured to remove it in Autodesk Meshmaker. However there appears to be some left within the base that I can't remove. I tried printing but it extrudes some small spirals of filament that don't adhere to the platen. I've uploaded the last .obj file and a screen jab of how it appears in Meshmaker. I'm hoping that, once again, you can come to the rescue. At least I appear to be making a little progress.

Comment

• cam3d
            3Dflover
            • Sep 2017

Hi again bratpat - No worries - I've just recorded a video of processing the images you supplied earlier + the cleanup in Meshmixer - I'll upload and send it to your email through support@3dflow.net - Hopefully it helps a bit :-)

Comment

• bratpat
              3Dfollower
              • Mar 2022

Hi cam3d

I have'nt seen anything yet. Just for certainty my email address is ---

Best wishes

bratpat
              Last edited by Andrea Alessi; 2022-04-13, 02:55 PM.

Comment

• cam3d
                3Dflover
                • Sep 2017

Ah ok thanks for letting me know - I replied to your gmail - Re-sent to the talktalk email address :-)
                Last edited by Andrea Alessi; 2022-04-13, 02:55 PM.

Comment

• bratpat
                  3Dfollower
                  • Mar 2022

You've probably got a Kiwi alternative, but my wife calls me a 'muppet' - with some justification. I didn't think to look in gmail as it only got used in setting up Chrome and Google, but of course was the vehicle on Google Drive that I used :-( Your videos are very instructive. I will study them in depth but at a quick look I'm judging that the meticulous care you took in Meshmixer could be the answer. I really do appreciate the trouble you have gone to and sending a finished object is the 'icing on the cake. It may take me some while but I will do my best to emulate the master.

Many thanks, and very best wishes

bratpat

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
                    3Dflow Staff
                    • Oct 2013

Edited both posts removing your email address so you don't get random spam

Comment

• cam3d
                      3Dflover
                      • Sep 2017

Originally posted by Andrea Alessi
                      Edited both posts removing your email address so you don't get random spam
                      duh - good catch

bratpat - Yes Meshmixer is really useful, I'm a big fan of that software personally! It's fairly simple but quite powerful once you get used to the interface.

Comment

• jaillanders6
                        Blossoming 3Dflower
                        • Apr 2022

I have aleady viewed the tutorials and have printed out the full mamual for reference, but thanks anyway. The black background on the screen grabs is very poor for viewing though.
                        hellodear.in

teatv.ltd

Last edited by jaillanders6; 2022-04-15, 11:18 AM.

Comment

• bratpat
                          3Dfollower
                          • Mar 2022

Thanks for fixing the email addresses, Andrea.
                          cam3d, your .obj model printed reasonably well, the only defect was a missing left hand, but the bunched filament was probably an indication that a support was needed so I'll experiment further. The detail is otherwise exceptionally good and the base you created from Meshmixer was fine. I can't follow the detail of your video on that - although I get the sense - as the script is too small on the PC or IPad and it blurs if I zoom in. I will print out the Meshmixer manual as jaillander6 has done but I echo his comment on my experience with black backgrounds in the Zephyr 3DFlow manual.
                          Regarding 3DFlow I also have difficulty in seeing the detail on that part of your video. The routine looks a little different to the one I followed. Am I correct in thinking that you masked the images before starting the workflow rather than during it? Also I note that you seem to have Meshmaker integrated at the bottom of the screen and you dragged the model into it. How is that achieved? Is it possibly not available in the free version?
                          If it would not be asking too much of you, in the light of the difficult screen visibility would you be able to list the sequential menu/mouse actions for the earlier part of the video with the masking sequence and other key features that are not obvious to a beginner. I don't find the manual that user friendly.

Comment

• gintibande
                            Blossoming 3Dflower
                            • Apr 2022

I have aleady viewed the tutorials and have printed out the full mamual for reference, but thanks anyway. The black background on the screen grabs is very poor for viewing though.
                            Mobdro

Last edited by gintibande; 2022-04-22, 08:07 AM.

Comment

• cam3d
                              3Dflover
                              • Sep 2017

bratpat

Sorry I missed your last message:

- The video was captured at 1440p on a 27" monitor - Try adjusting the quality setting in YouTube or viewing on a larger screen for greater clarity.

3DF Zephyr:

- I select 'Mask Images' in the Zephyr Project Wizard during setup so the masks are generated and used in the first processing stage (SFM/Camera orientation).
                              - I then select 'Compute 3D Model' and 'Compete 3D Texture after Surface extraction'
                              - Ticking these boxes allows me to select all my settings for various stages without having to pick and choose every time a stage completes.
                              - Then I add the folder with the images for processing, and because I selected 'Mask Images' I then select 'Launch Masquerade' to generate the masks to be associated with the images.
                              - Masking is performed using the Mask by Colour function.

Meshmixer Icon:

- If you have Meshmixer open, right click the icon in the taskbar and select 'Pin to Taskbar' - This is a feature of Windows, not related to 3DF Zephyr.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎