X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jon
    Blossoming 3Dflower
    • Jun 2022

Using LIDAR and Images

Hello, my first post and I'm using Lite, but realise that I might need to upgrade

I am using photogrammetry to create 3D models of objects no larger than 0.5m cubed, but the results are not accurate enough (once scaled correctly) to allow measurements to be taken. I also have a handheld metrology scanner from Shining, the Einscan Pro HD.

My question is, is it possible to use the mesh generated from the scanner (which is accurate to <0.1mm), to 'control' the positioning of the imagery? Has anyone here been able to work this way around? Perhaps if 3DF Zephyr cannot do it, is there other software out there that can?

Jon
    TAKING AWAY YOUR MONITORING HASSLES Easy to understand, accurate reports, delivered on time Get in Touch TAKING AWAY YOUR MONITORING HASSLES

Last edited by Jon; 2022-06-24, 01:38 PM.
  • cam3d
    3Dflover
    • Sep 2017

Jon Welcome to the forum! Photogrammetry can be very accurate but the level of accuracy is determined by the input images - If your results are not accurate enough to take measurements then there was probably something wrong with the way your images were captured (lighting/overlap/camera settings etc...) If you are able to share some images I can give feedback on where to improve (Google Drive download link or similar works well)

You can import third party models and align them using control points and other tools in the full version of 3DF Zephyr: https://youtu.be/oT0CK2Vcu_E

Comment

Working...