Need- save generation at a point... switch off -> continue at later rime... possible?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Berend
    3Dflower
    • Jun 2022

Need- save generation at a point... switch off -> continue at later rime... possible?

Sorry, in title its later "time" not rime... Hi in short... We have electricity load shedding then I lose my rendering work (hours of work) because I cannot seem to find the place where I can save what were rendered already and continue with the next startup of my computer. I only see pause which does not work for shut down and restart at a later time.
    Am I doing something wrong or is there a workaround?
    Love 3dF Zephry!
    Thank you so much
    Last edited by Berend; 2022-06-25, 10:54 AM.
  • cam3d
    3Dflover
    • Sep 2017

Hi Berend - It's not possible to pause processing then shutdown/restart and then resume exactly where you left off using Zephyr.

Processes need to be completed (for example, a dense cloud, or a mesh generation) then you can save that project file (.ZEP). Once you have saved a .ZEP you can shutdown/restart, then reload the .ZEP when you like and continue working on the project.

Depending on the size an fidelity of the project some processes might take more than 24hrs - If you have issues with the power to your computer I recommend getting a UPS (uninterruptible power supply) which will keep the PC running even if there is a powercut.

Comment

• Berend
      3Dflower
      • Jun 2022

Thank you "cam3d" for your feedback. I got to the same conclusion. UPS..

Comment

Working...