Any tipps for reconstructing leafs /plants?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jupp2000
    3Dflourished
    • May 2021

Any tipps for reconstructing leafs /plants?

Dear 3DF team,

i have succesfully reconstructed a lot of models with Zephyr but i never succeded with leafs or plants. Especially leafs have always holes on their surface.
    The images are pretty good masked, all cameras have been detected.
    I think the problems come from the thin structures of the leaves.

Beside the "thickness" value in the settings of the mesh creation, can you recommend any further settings for the dense cloud and mesh creation?

Thanks in advance
    Stephan
    Attached Files
  • cam3d
    3Dflover
    • Sep 2017

jupp2000 Hey! My number one tip when scanning plants is they need to be captured as still as possible.

The slightest movement from a breeze (or even moving too quickly near it!) will introduce a bit of movement which causes inconsistency between photos. I recommend only capturing plants indoors with no breeze, and if you use a turntable, make sure it has as few vibrations as possible and is moving continuously.

Stopping and starting the turntable will transfer kinetic energy into the plant and introduce movement.

I hope these tips help!

Comment

• cam3d
      3Dflover
      • Sep 2017

jupp2000 oh and to follow up, when using continuously moving turntable you need to either have a lot of continuous light and a very fast shutter speed, or even better, strobe flash light to freeze the motion :-)

Comment

Working...