• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pdussart
    3Dfollower
    • Jul 2022

Macro - recording successful procedure

Dear all,

It took me some time to use Zephyr properly, here are some remarks:.

1 I find difficult to predict the size of the OBJ file produced by Zephyr There is an option to limit to 200MB or 500MB the output size. In practice, the exported file is much smaller that this limit.
    2 if you have defined a successful process, it might be useful to store it as a Macro and to be able to reproduce the process for other models.
    3 it would be useful to be able to give a name and store "custom" set-ups
    3 Assuming this Macro is sucessful, I would love to have a single screen able to adjust any parameter used in the macro so that it is possible to appreciate the impact of modifying some parameters

Thanks again, Philippe?
  • Andrea Alessi
    3Dflow Staff
    • Oct 2013

Hi, I'm not sure what you mean as "macro" and in what context? If you mean computation settings, you can already define your own preset

Comment

• cam3d
      3Dflover
      • Sep 2017

Hi pdussart - Here are my thoughts:

- Assuming you are exporting a textured OBJ, the file comes in two parts: Mesh + Texture file. In the free version of Zephyr the OBJ texture file is JPEG which is a lossy compression format and therefore small but unpredictable in size. The options to export 50/100/200/500mb are only available for Sketchfab uploads and only sets the limit, not the target mesh polycount. You can target a specific polycount using Tools>MeshFilters>Decimation/Densification. OBJ mesh files will be the same size for a given polycount (all other conditions equal) so find a polycount which works for you and expect a bit of file size deviation with the JPEG component.

- As Andrea Alessi mentioned, we have presets which are basically XML files with all the settings for a given processing stage. XML presets (and the XML preset manager) can be used in across all Zephyr versions. (Utilities>PresetManager)

- In the full version of Zephyr we also have a built in batching tool which can be used to combine these XML files as defined processes which can automatically run. (Utilities>BatchProcessing)?

I highly recommend using the General Default settings in Zephyr if you're just getting started as these are the optimal processing parameters and if you take photographs with this target in mind then you will ultimately get better at taking photographs for photogrammetry. Of course you are free to experiment as much as you wish :-)
      Last edited by cam3d; 2022-08-29, 11:07 PM.

Comment

• pdussart
        3Dfollower
        • Jul 2022

Dear all,

After two months of various trials, I find the "quick project" feature very useful.
        This not a macro, but if you keep track of the values of the four options, it is simple enough to repeat sucessfully a process.

Note: I would just add some help text describing the purpose of "recursive" option

Regards, Philippe

Comment

Working...