Smoother surface without sacrificing detail?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jerny3d
    3Dflower
    • Oct 2022

Smoother surface without sacrificing detail?

Hi, I have been trying Zephyr for almost a week now and can't seem to find the right settings to get the detail I want without to much noise.
    Any recommendations on settings? When I lower the "Image resolution" Details are sacrificed. Same with smooth filter... Here is a closeup of the photo and examples of the mesh. Thanks!
  • cam3d
    3Dflover
    • Sep 2017

Hi Jerny3d -

Here are a couple of things you could try if you haven't already:

- Use a mesh smoothing filter. There are two main types in Zephyr; Bilateral and Laplacian (Tools>Mesh Filters>...)

Bilateral is probably the one you primarily want to use for surface noise reduction whilst maintaining the overall form. Laplacian is has more of a global smoothing effect. A combination of the two might work for you, try varying strengths and combinations to see if you can get the surface you are after!

- Try a different camera - Not all cameras are made equally. A DSLR or mirrorless camera with a CPL filter to minimize glare is a good option, and ultimately the higher quality images will result in better reconstructions in 3DF Zephyr.

Comment

Working...