laser scanned point cloud texturing process... Help!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shimu
    3Dflower
    • Nov 2022

laser scanned point cloud texturing process... Help!

Thank you for answer to the last question!
    Here, I need one more help.

I share two screen shots.
    one is laser-scanned point cloud and the other is structured and computed for mesh.

Although that scanned point cloud data shows precise, clean shape and texture, why computed mesh got so low quality? I want to know why this is happening.

How can I improve mesh quality?

P.s
    there is no photo. Only laser scanned point cloud.
  • cam3d
    3Dflover
    • Sep 2017

shimu - There are quite a few processing settings to choose from when processing third party meshes like this - Can you please send us the laser-scanned point cloud so I can have a look and troubleshoot on my end? support@3dflow.net - Google Drive or a similar file sharing service download link works well for us!

Comment

• shimu
      3Dflower
      • Nov 2022

Originally posted by cam3d
      shimu - There are quite a few processing settings to choose from when processing third party meshes like this - Can you please send us the laser-scanned point cloud so I can have a look and troubleshoot on my end? support@3dflow.net - Google Drive or a similar file sharing service download link works well for us!
      Thank you! I'll share it right away.

Comment

• cam3d
        3Dflover
        • Sep 2017

Hi shimu - Thanks for sharing! The dataset you shared was a little different to the one in your original post, but here are my thoughts:

- Import the e57 files to Zephyr then merge them (right click on selection in project panel and 'Merge')
        - Structure using Bubble Cameras
        - Areas with plenty of overlapping scan data will reconstruct better than low overlap, consider doing laser scans from more positions, and maybe high/low elevations.

Hope this helps!
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡