X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vbtree
    Blossoming 3Dflower
    • Jan 2023

pulling photo from 3d model

Hi im just learning about this tool and wondered if someone could answer this question. Im interested in making a 3d image of a plant( flower etc). The idea is to model the plant and then be able to rotate the image to any view i select then take that specific view and save it as its own image file(jpeg). This is so i can keep the image or 3d model indefinitely and not worry about the plant degrading. The image could then be printed at any time for creative purposes. This is not to insert into a game or anything like that . Just want to come back at any time rotate the image to whatever view point i desire and then print that angle of the image . Is this tool capable of this.
  • cam3d
    3Dflover
    • Sep 2017

Hi vbtree - Welcome to the forum! Here are my thoughts:

- Plants can be tricky to capture and process in 3D as they have a tendency to move around during image acquisition. I recommend starting a tree stump and working your way up to more complex subjects.

- Once the model is constructed you can either export current view as PDF or use the Snipping tool built into Windows to create stills.

- If you don't need the 3D model and you're simply using the images as reference, I'd recommend just sticking to stills (just take more of them so as to cover the areas of interest you care about) - Plants can be tough to capture in 3D but are definitely possible (and very satisfying to get right!)

| hope this helps - Let us know if you have any further questions.

Comment

Working...