• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DerOemer
    3Dflower
    • Feb 2023

Distorted Masking

Hello everybody,
    in my current project I am trying to generate 3D-models from plants in a turntable setup. For producing the masks, I am using a simple Python code that applies a color threshold. Unfortunately, the masks appear a bit distorted when looking at the image properties within 3D Zephyr. Suddenly, blue background parts are included and even a small bar in the bottom of the image is visible that clearly hasn't been there before (see attached images). Is Zephyr adapting the masks to achieve better fits during the camera orientation or what is the reason for that? Actually quite a few images fail to be aligned during the camera orientation.
    I am looking forward to any hints.

Cheers
    Attached Files
  • cam3d
    3Dflover
    • Sep 2017

Hi DerOemer -

Overlapping the two screenshots provided, the mask is misaligned and does not match the input image. Maybe the resolution or aspect of the mask is a little different to the actual image file?

3DF Zephyr comes with a program called Masquerade which can be used for masking input images - You can select colour from there and shouldn't have any issues with masks matching input images.

Camera positions are likely to fail for a subject like this because there are very few features to match from image to image. There are a number of reasons a reconstruction may fail and I'd happily provide advice on image acquisition and processing settings if you're able to share the input images with me, either as a direct download link here or a download link sent to support@3dflow.net

Comment

• DerOemer
      3Dflower
      • Feb 2023

Hi cam3d ,
      Thank you for your reply. The resolution and the aspect of the images are the same. Attached you can see the result image when I apply the mask to the raw image. I suspect that there is something changing the mask in Zephyr. Is there a desired file type for loading masks for example? Thank you for the offer of advice on image acquisition and processing settings. I will get back to that later.

Cheers
      Attached Files

Comment

• cam3d
        3Dflover
        • Sep 2017

Hi again DerOemer - Thanks for sharing those images. I tried them myself and the masks seem to match up fine (see attached).

The mask files can be JPG, PNG, etc... it just needs to have the suffix '_masked' in the name so they can be automatically picked up as masks and associated correctly when adding masks to images in Zephyr.

Are you able to share the .ZEP and images + masks so I can investigate this further? It's a bit weird that I'm unable to replicate the issue on my end.
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍