• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • josch76
    3Dflower
    • Mar 2023

Blender obj import doesn't work

Hi,

A successful rendered object in Zephyr looks very strange and isn't usable in Blender. Both software current version. Do you have any idea?

Regards
    Jan
  • cam3d
    3Dflover
    • Sep 2017

Hi josch76 - If the dataset is georeferenced (GPS) then Zephyr automatically saves the mesh vertices with double-precision (no rounding errors etc...) - LOTS of software doesn't support double precision data, so to import successfully it needs to be converted to a Local Rendering Reference System. (Maya, Meshlab etc... etc...).

You can select local rendering reference system on export:

Comment

• MarcinMango
      Blossoming 3Dflower
      • Mar 2023

I have a similar problem after the last update, but in my case the imported data from 3DF (obj format) does not appear on the screen in Blender. I never had such a problem before the last update.

Comment

• cam3d
        3Dflover
        • Sep 2017

Originally posted by MarcinMango
        I have a similar problem after the last update, but in my case the imported data from 3DF (obj format) does not appear on the screen in Blender. I never had such a problem before the last update.
        Hi MarcinMango - This video explains how to focus on different things in Blender - https://youtu.be/8hHSPhgWSV0

If you can't see the model in the viewport at all, select in the 'Scene Selection' (top right) and proceed from there.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎