Was there a change to dense point cloud editing?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • levart
    3Dfollower
    • Mar 2023

Was there a change to dense point cloud editing?

Today our office upgraded to the full version of Zephyr after using Lite for some time. I've used the trial of the full version and didn't notice any of the basic functions working differently, but today after upgrading our lab PC with the full version I can no longer see selections on dense point clouds. Normally, after one selects points it looks like this, with selected points in red.Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	168
Size:	377.2 KB
ID:	8949?That screenshot is from selecting points from the sparse point cloud. If I go to the dense point cloud and make a selection the selection tool says there are points selected, but nothing is highlighted in red. Delete does nothing, but Cut will create a new dense cloud from the invisible "selection."
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	110
Size:	446.1 KB
ID:	8950Does anyone know what would cause this behavior?
  • cam3d
    3Dflover
    • Sep 2017

Hi levart -

Thanks for letting us know! This is a bug and will be fixed in the next release.

Comment

• levart
      3Dfollower
      • Mar 2023

Thanks for your prompt response. I understand you probably can't be specific, but do you know approximately when the next release will be? I have several hundred more objects to model and this bug does severely impact my workflow.

Comment

• Roberto
        3Dflow
        • Jun 2011

Hi Levart, sorry for the issue. The patch with this and other minor fixes will be released next week at most.

If the issue is blocking your work, please note you can install an older version (7.005) while waiting for the patch: https://www.3dflow.net/3df-zephyr-version-archive/

Comment

• Roberto
          3Dflow
          • Jun 2011

As an additional note, the bug is only visual. The selected points are deleted, but they are not immediately shown. If you switch the dense point cloud's visibility (off and on), you will see the deleted points.

Comment

• levart
            3Dfollower
            • Mar 2023

Thanks for the tip. I'll experiment with that workaround and see how it behaves. If I can work around the issue I will do that until the update. Unfortunately, I don't have admin rights to the lab system where the software is installed, so I can't roll back to the last version.

Comment

• Roberto
              3Dflow
              • Jun 2011

Hi Levart. Just a quick update to notify you that we have released the patch (v. 7.009).
              Cheers,
              Roberto

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡