• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pdussart
    3Dfollower
    • Jul 2022

Image rejection during reconstruction V2

Dear,

This topic has already been covered, but I have other questions.

Is there a way to "force" Zephyr to process pictures in a given order ?

I have an example of a post box with two similar faces. The problem is that Zephyr "sees" only three of the four sides.
    Some detail pictures were not taken in a good order, i.e. what you call "Parallel axis capture" or "Convergent axis capture?"

This is may be an issue as my pictures are taken close to the object, and the background cannot be used as reference point for Zephyr

What if I rename the pictures as a sequence ? As if the pictures were taken in a circle.

I could for instance rename the pictures as 1.NEF, 2.NEF, 3.NEF, etc
    I could possibly change the time of the picture, by using a tool like XnView to just change this ?

Note: even if your results are OK, I suppose this could be a way to accelerate the image processing

Regards, Philippe
    Last edited by pdussart; 2023-03-30, 02:16 PM.
  • cam3d
    3Dflover
    • Sep 2017

Hi pdussart

You can set a few different orders in advanced settings the initial processing stage:

- Unordered
    - Sequential
    - Circular (Closed loop)
    - Approximate Grid

Unordered is the default (General/Default). As a general rule I always use Unordered even for turntable captures as it doesn't take that much longer to process and tends to be far more robust.

Lots of reasons why images may be rejected - Happy to look at your rejected image set to advise on image acquisition - drop a download link to support@3dflow.net and I can pick it up from there.

Comment

Working...