• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DerOemer
    3Dflower
    • Feb 2023

Degree of automation through Batch processing / Scripting console

Hello everybody,
    Currently I am working on a project with a turntable setup where I would like to process multiple 3df projects in a batch procedure. I tried both batch processing and the scripting console but I was unable to automate the application of my desired settings completely. I am running the educational version of 3df Zephyr (7.009).

The steps I need are the following:

Loading image folder from certain path > loading and applying masks from certain path > loading and applying different camera calibrations from certain path > detection of markers in images > loading and applying marker constraints from certain path > computing sparse point cloud from preset > saving pointcloud to certain path

These steps are supposed to be repeated for every sample/object in a certain directory.

Is there a way to automate the above mentioned steps completely? I would be grateful to hear if it is possible entirely in Python.

Thanks in advance!
  • Andrea Alessi
    3Dflow Staff
    • Oct 2013

Hi,

you can indeed use the batching tool for reconstruction, but that does not include the marker automation step you're looking for.

Likewise, the python bindings (you can create the documentation by typing zephyr.documentation() in the python console) are limited and does not offer markers recognition capabilities at this moment.

Note that 3DF Zephyr will always output a .3dk, both with the batching tool and the python console, as it is not a tool designed for 100% automation.

For full automation (which includes exporting to different formats rather than our .3dk project file) you may want to take a look at our C++ SDK, Flowengine : https://www.3dflowengine.com/

Comment

• DerOemer
      3Dflower
      • Feb 2023

Hi Andrea,
      thank you for your answer. Is the Flowengine included in the educational Zephyr license?

Cheers
      Leon

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
        3Dflow Staff
        • Oct 2013

Hi Leon,

unfortunately no, flowengine is a separate package with different licensing plans. Feel free to reach out to support@3dflow.net with details about your project, and I'll make sure to get you in touch with our sales department and figure out if there's a way we can support you for your project.

Comment

Working...