X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yoanyoo
    Blossoming 3Dflower
    • Apr 2023

Zephyr is not producing anything usable

Hello, I am having a lot of trouble trying to create a scan. I used a ton of different objects and it almost never produces anything good. I am using 3DF Zephyr 7.009. As for my shots, I am using iPhone 11.
    At this point Zephyr almost never accepted all the photos, as a matter of fact, it only accepted one dataset fully, and later there were some denied from it as well. I am trying to create a human mesh scan from photos that have similar backgrounds but it always denies at least half of the dataset. That is really annoying because I see videos of people making scans with backgrounds that are way off.
    In this specific project, it only accepted 10 out of 38 images. I have attached what the mesh looks like. I seriously need some help because at this point I am desperate.
  • Andrea Alessi
    3Dflow Staff
    • Oct 2013

Hi, if you're moving the subject, then it's likely that the background has too many features and thus zephyr can't know if you want to reconstruct the background, or the object, as they are no longer coherent. either use a plain background (e.g. vanta black) , use 3DF masquerade to mask the photos, or consider moving around the subject rathert han moving the subject, or try less aggressive settings.

The subject you are reconstructing is also likely difficult on the sides, as it's a uniform color, probably shiny too. Try adding more photos and/or dirtying the surface in order to maintain more overlap.

Comment

Working...