X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • valve_green
    Blossoming 3Dflower
    • Jun 2023

Computing-Frameworks

I'm looking for a way to share the required computing power across multiple computers. is there a possibility?
    e.g. 2 windows computers or a linux or windows server with my laptop
  • jupp2000
    3Dflourished
    • May 2021

I am just a Zephyr user, as far as i know, there are actually no client/server capabilities.
    (But you can calculate parts of the model on different machines and put them together later)
    What do you want to do with Zephyr? If you have a lot models with many images to capture, i recommend to invest in a desktop PC with a strong >=12 GB VRAM Nvida GPU.
    ----------------------
    A powerful Cuda GPU is very important, here a little example:
    Image aligning (own high details preset) of 35 photos @ 6240x4160px - Intel I7 8700K @ 4,69GHz - 64GB RAM
    Without GPU = 6 min 39 sec
    With Nvidia RTX 3060 12GB and NVIDIA GTX 1060 6 GB = 1 min 12 sec
    -------------------------

You also should have installed at least 32GB RAM. 64GB are no luxury to have.
    If you just want to start with photogrammetry and test it, these things are not necessary and you can go with Zephyr free (but it could need hours or days on an older Notebook)
    But because you asked for networking i assume you already figured that out.
    So Zephyr lite is a fantastic app and as long you dont need to work with Lidar/measuring etc. it is a great investment. Otherwise you need the big brother of it.
    But all Zephyr apps need a lot of horsepower under the hood, if you want to have fun with photogrammetry

Best regards
    Stephan
    Last edited by jupp2000; 2023-06-04, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Working...