X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jupp2000
    3Dflourished
    • May 2021

How to avoid filling of small gaps?

Is there a setting in the mesh construction, where i can define to "ignore" the gap filling?

Best regards
    Stephan?
    Attached Files
  • cam3d
    3Dflover
    • Sep 2017

Hi jupp2000

I recommend that you take more photos closer to the problematic area - Any surface which isn't seen by at least 3 cameras is likely to have missing information which will leave either a hole, or be replaced with interpolated geometry when processed as a mesh.

You can also change the 'Watertightness' setting in the mesh creation setup - The lower the % the more holes you will have, and as a result, less interpolated geometry.

As always it's best to try and fix your image acquisition rather than changing processing settings to solve the issue.

Hope this helps! Let us know how you go :-)

Comment

• jupp2000
      3Dflourished
      • May 2021

Hi cam3d

Comment

• cam3d
        3Dflover
        • Sep 2017

Hi again jupp2000

Yes! If you have most of your cameras covering one area the results will likely be worse than an even distribution of camera coverage. Areas which are recessed (holes etc..) naturally get less coverage, so they need a bit more attention and usually require more photos.

The gap gets filled because the points either side are just close enough that they bridge together. If you reduce the watertightness these bridges are less likely to happen.

Comment

• jupp2000
          3Dflourished
          • May 2021

Thanks again!
          I will try to find the "sweet spot" for the watertightness first, before i take more photos.
          Unfortunately you can not define which area exact should be closed if you "fill holes selective".
          Than it would be easy to mark the gap- triangles,delete them and fill only the walls of each socket.

Comment

Working...