• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pdussart
    3Dfollower
    • Jul 2022

Photogrammetry under water

Sir,

do you have any specific advice regarding underwater photogrammetry ?

A team of divers will go late September/early October and will take pictures of a steamer wreck that was carrying trams for Cairo. It sank in 1899. I got some pictures and feel that light might be an issue (70 meters deep) also the trams are 10 meters long, so it might be difficult to get decent light to catch the trams as a whole.

Have the feeling that Zephyr might have difficulties with patches of pictures. or pictures with a lot of dark zones.

I will not dive myself, but will process the pictures with Zephyr. Any tip for my diving friends ?

See example in attachment. I am told that better light equipment would be used.

Regards, Philippe?
    Attached Files
  • cam3d
    3Dflover
    • Sep 2017

Hi pdussart - Sorry for the late reply! This is a bit out of my field of understanding, but yes, light is critical. Generally speaking if you can have more light without blowing out the highlights, you're on the right track. If you find you learn some things which you think could be useful to others, please share with us here so we can relay the information to people in the future :-)

Comment

Working...