X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HighburyPools
    3Dflower
    • Oct 2023

Automation with a batch (*.bat) file

I've just started testing Zephyr for my applications (with the 30 day trial) and have been impressed with the speed and consistency of the results. However, the software I'm currently using allows me to execute commands through the windows console, so by copying a simple batch file into a directory of photos and running it, the pipeline completes without further need for user input. I'm trying to figure out if I can do the same thing with Zephyr. I came across FlowEngine, so I downloaded the free version to test but I can't understand what I'm supposed to do with it. The installation instructions say to open the INSTALL project in visual studio, but there is no such project. Is there any way to do what I want?
  • Andrea Alessi
    3Dflow Staff
    • Oct 2013

Hi, thank you for your kind words!

The full version of 3DF Zephyr offers a graphical interface where you can define batch jobs that will be processed automatically, and also offers a python console.

Note that both these approach will allow you only to save the project file. Exporting deliverables will still require manual input, as 3DF Zephyr's EULA does not allow usage of 3DF Zephyr to be used to give third party access to zephyr, e.g. via a SaaS service.

For full automation, as you've already discovered, there's FlowEngine, which is a C++ library. You'll need to create the visual studio project with cmake/cmakegui in order to be able to build the examples. Please note that FlowEngine requires C++ knowledge and it's not indended as an out-of-the-box product.

I hope this helps!

Comment

• HighburyPools
      3Dflower
      • Oct 2023

@Andrea Alessi
      Last edited by HighburyPools; 2023-10-20, 03:37 PM.

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
        3Dflow Staff
        • Oct 2013

happy to help!

the trial version is only limited in time, there's no feature or performance limitations at all.

The lite edition allows export in ply but be aware that the lite edition only export mesh and textured meshes. RCP export is not supported by the lite edition.

Keep in mind we also have a monthly version for the full version, and that you can still open the projects created with any version with the free version - so while your editing/exporting capabilities would be capped, you could still just use the free edition as a viewer, even if you don't have a subscription. That way, you can just purchase a month only when you need processing+exporting capabilities

Comment

• HighburyPools
          3Dflower
          • Oct 2023

Ply format is OK, but does that mean that point cloud export is not supported by lite?

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
            3Dflow Staff
            • Oct 2013

Correct, 3DF Zephyr free exports only textured mesh, 3DF Zephyr Lite exports only mesh and textured mesh, and the full version has full export capabilities.

Comment

Working...