X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • A_Tra
    Blossoming 3Dflower
    • Nov 2023

3D models of human objects

For a project I have to create 3D models of people using 3D Zephyr. Unfortunately, the results are poor, especially for hairy body parts such as legs. I am currently adjusting the various parameters when creating the mesh or textured mesh to get the best results. Does anyone have experience in this area in relation to human objects?
  • cam3d
    3Dflover
    • Sep 2017

Hi A_Tra - Humans are one of the hardest subjects to capture with photogrammetry.

Generally people end up building full multi-camera setups to capture every angle instantaneously, as if the subject moves from frame to frame (breathing etc..) this introduces inconsistency. Things like hair are too thin to capture, and would almost always be added back manually in post production.

This is not to say you can't get OK ish results with a single camera, patience, and a very still subject :-) But you will not be able to capture hairs or hairy parts easily, regardless of the camera or lenses you use.

Comment

• A_Tra
      Blossoming 3Dflower
      • Nov 2023

Hi cam3d,
      Thank you for your reply! I am currently using a high-resolution camera with 45 megapixels.
      The exact problem with processing the images is currently the generation of the mesh. This is because the hair is meshed with the skin, creating a hilly "landscape", which I don't want. In other words, it combines the hair with the skin.
      Do you also have experience with this?

Comment

• cam3d
        3Dflover
        • Sep 2017

A_Tra - I have built multi-camera systems in the past and am familiar with these difficulties - If you are able to upload the images to a folder and share the download link with us at support@3dflow.net I can have a look and advise further.

Comment

Working...