X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave Staughton
    3Dflower
    • Nov 2023

Adding a solid base to a model

Hi, I am really loving the capabilities of Zephyr Lite!

I am looking for a way to add a solid base to a model.

To explain, here is what I have created so far https://skfb.ly/oOrPM

You will see that the ground surface is not level, and can be seen from underneath.
    I know about filling holes and editing off slices but in this case I can't see that working.
    What I would like is to extend the model down so it encloses a 'box' base with flat sides, if that makes sense.

Thanks.
  • cam3d
    3Dflover
    • Sep 2017

Hi Dave Staughton - Glad to hear you're loving Zephyr!

When you're looking to add 3D components to a 3D scan, it's best to use a dedicated software rather than try and make Zephyr do something it wasn't designed for :-)

I highly recommend looking into using a program like Meshmixer - It has a ton of tools and functionality to do exactly what you want to your model.

Comment

• Dave Staughton
      3Dflower
      • Nov 2023

Thank you cam3d I will check that out.

Comment

• rlacasse67
        3Dflower
        • Jul 2023

Hi Dave, I get the impression you want to 3D print your model. If that is the case, you will need to use aq 3D exiting software. You will need to export your model from 3DF Zephyr. Blender is 3D editing software I use. It is not a trivial task. Once you patched holes, you'll want to extrude a base using the perimeter of your model. Then, you'll want to give your model a thickness (solidify). Next, you will want to remesh to correct polygon orientation issues. And, you will finish by decimating the remeshed model. YouTube is your friend.

Comment

Working...